Find a roofer in Durham, North Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is ideal for a roof project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical pricing per square foot for roof repair services?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the usual period of time to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can approximate the hours for the job.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roofing appointment?
Most roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Durham, North Carolina
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Durham, North Carolina. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.