Find a roofer in Whitefish, Montana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Whitefish, Montana. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Whitefish, Montana
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Whitefish, Montana. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.