Find a roofer in West Yellowstone, Montana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in West Yellowstone, Montana. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near West Yellowstone, Montana
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in West Yellowstone, Montana. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.