Find a roofer in Roundup, Montana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe to get a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Roundup, MT. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
When should my roof be inspected?
Most roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How do roofers normally price labor for a replacement?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much should I budget to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Roundup, MT
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Roundup, MT. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best professional for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to find the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.