Find a roofer in Polson, Montana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Polson, MT. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Polson, MT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Polson, MT. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.