Find a roofer in Hamilton, Montana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Hamilton, MT. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Hamilton, MontanaHome // Montana // Hamilton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Hamilton, MT
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hamilton, MT. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hamilton, MT. Find the perfect contractor for your property today.