Find a roofer in Glendive, Montana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Glendive, MontanaHome // Montana // Glendive
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Glendive, MT
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Glendive, MT. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.