Find a roofer in Cut Bank, Montana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Cut Bank, MontanaHome // Montana // Cut Bank
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Cut Bank, Montana
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Cut Bank, Montana. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.