Find a roofer in Clancy, Montana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Clancy, Montana. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Clancy, MontanaHome // Montana // Clancy
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Clancy, Montana
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Clancy, Montana. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.