Find a roofer in Butte, Montana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How do roofing experts normally price their services for roof replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much is a contractor's rate to maintain the roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the typical price per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the usual period of time for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Butte, Montana. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Butte, Montana
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Butte, Montana. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to hire the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.