Find a roofer in Bigfork, Montana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Bigfork, Montana
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Bigfork, Montana. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.