Find a roofer in Waveland, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Waveland, Mississippi
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Waveland, Mississippi. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Waveland, Mississippi. Get the roofing services you need for your house now.