Find a roofer in Waterford, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the usual duration for a roof rebuild?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Waterford, MS. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
When is inspecting my roof needed?
Most roofing professionals suggest biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
At what cost does a roofing professional charge for replacement?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What should I budget to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Waterford, MS
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Waterford, MS. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.