Find a roofer in Walls, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When during the year is best for a roof project?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical rate per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Walls, MS. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
When is a roof inspection needed?
Most roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Walls, MS
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Walls, MS. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.