Find a roofer in University, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the typical period of time for a roof rebuild?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
What is the proper occasion to book an inspection for my roof?
Most roofing professionals advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the typical price for roof replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much should I estimate to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in University, MS
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in University, MS, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in University, MS. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.