Find a roofer in Shannon, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Shannon, MississippiHome // Mississippi // Shannon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Shannon, MS
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Shannon, MS. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.