Find a roofer in Saucier, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How long does it typically take to get a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Saucier, MS. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
When should my roof be evaluated?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much does it cost to maintain the roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Saucier, MS
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Saucier, MS. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.