Find a roofer in Ridgeland, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the standard cost charged by roofers for a roof replacement project?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I estimate for roof maintenance?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
How much is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Ridgeland, Mississippi
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Ridgeland, Mississippi. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.