Find a roofer in Potts Camp, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Potts Camp, Mississippi
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Potts Camp, Mississippi. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.