Find a roofer in Poplarville, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Poplarville, MS. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Poplarville, MississippiHome // Mississippi // Poplarville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Poplarville, MS
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Poplarville, MS. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.