Find a roofer in Pickens, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Pickens, Mississippi
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Pickens, Mississippi, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.