Find a roofer in Oxford, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
At which point should I think about having a roof inspection conducted?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What should I budget to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Oxford, Mississippi
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Oxford, Mississippi. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Oxford, Mississippi. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.