Find a roofer in Oxford, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I book an appointment to get roofing services performed?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to book.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the estimated time required for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roofing appointment?
Many roofing professionals suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Oxford, MS
If you need roofing maintenance services in Oxford, MS, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to find the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.