Find a roofer in Olive Branch, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What season is ideal for a roofing job?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the customary price per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time needed for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
At what point should I think about having an inspection done for my roof?
Many roofers recommend biannual roof inspections since regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Olive Branch, Mississippi
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Olive Branch, Mississippi. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to find the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.