Find a roofer in Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good season for roofing projects?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
How much should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofing contractor's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the usual period of time to rebuild a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Ocean Springs, Mississippi. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the job.
At what time should I consider having a roof inspection done?
Many roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Ocean Springs, Mississippi. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Ocean Springs, Mississippi. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property right away.