Find a roofer in Newhebron, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Newhebron, MS
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Newhebron, MS. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.