Find a roofer in Mount Pleasant, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
Most roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the standard rate charged by roofing professionals for a roof replacement project?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What rate can be expected to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What time of year is best for a roofing project?
Despite what season it is, you can call a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Mount Pleasant, MS
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Mount Pleasant, MS. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.