Find a roofer in Moss Point, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Moss Point, MS
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Moss Point, MS. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Moss Point, MS. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.