Find a roofer in Meridian, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Meridian, MississippiHome // Mississippi // Meridian
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Meridian, Mississippi
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Meridian, Mississippi. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.