Find a roofer in Marion, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What time of year is ideal for a roof job?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal price roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Marion, MS. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
When should my roof be evaluated?
Many roofers recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Marion, MS
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Marion, MS. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.