Find a roofer in Lucedale, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Lucedale, Mississippi
When you need roofing maintenance services in Lucedale, Mississippi, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.