Find a roofer in Leland, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Leland, MississippiHome // Mississippi // Leland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Leland, Mississippi
When you need roofing maintenance services in Leland, Mississippi, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts featured on our site have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.