Find a roofer in Kiln, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Kiln, Mississippi. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Kiln, Mississippi
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Kiln, Mississippi. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Kiln, Mississippi. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.