Find a roofer in Hickory Flat, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Hickory Flat, Mississippi
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hickory Flat, Mississippi. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hickory Flat, Mississippi. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.