Find a roofer in Hazlehurst, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Hazlehurst, Mississippi. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which time is best to get my roof evaluated?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much does it cost to maintain the roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Hazlehurst, Mississippi
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Hazlehurst, Mississippi. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.