Find a roofer in Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Hattiesburg, MS. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can come up with the hours for the project.
At what moment should I think about having a roof inspection done?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the usual price for replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the rate for fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Hattiesburg, MS
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Hattiesburg, MS. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.