Find a roofer in Gulfport, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the best time to arrange for a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected cost to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
When should I schedule to get roofing services performed?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Gulfport, MS
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Gulfport, MS, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.