Find a roofer in Courtland, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Courtland, Mississippi
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Courtland, Mississippi, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.