Find a roofer in Canton, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Canton, MS
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Canton, MS, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.