Find a roofer in Bentonia, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is the best time to get your roof serviced?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe to get a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Bentonia, Mississippi. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
At what stage should I consider getting a roof inspection done?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Bentonia, Mississippi
When you need roofing maintenance services in Bentonia, Mississippi, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.