Find a roofer in Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical price for roof replacement services from a roofing contractor?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What should I budget for roof repair expenses?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the normal rate roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
How long does it take for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi
If you need roofing maintenance services in Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.