Find a roofer in Ashland, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is the ideal season for roofing services?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe to get a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
When is inspecting my roof required?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Ashland, MS
If you need roofing maintenance services in Ashland, MS, there's no better way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to find the best companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.