Find a roofer in Ypsilanti, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the perfect time to get your roof serviced?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the common rate per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Ypsilanti, MI
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Ypsilanti, MI. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.