Find a roofer in Wixom, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the standard rate charged by roofing professionals for a replacement job?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the rate for most roofing contractors per square foot?
Roofing services can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
How long does it take for a roofer to build a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Wixom, Michigan. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Wixom, Michigan
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Wixom, Michigan. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.