Find a roofer in Waterford, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I book an appointment to get roofing contractors come out?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Waterford, MI. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can come up with the hours for the job.
What is the right time to schedule a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Waterford, MI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Waterford, MI. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.