Find a roofer in Troy, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At what time should I think about having a roof inspection done?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofer for a roof replacement job?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What sort of prices are associated with repairing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
At which time of the year should I schedule an appointment for my roofing project?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Troy, MI
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Troy, MI. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.