Find a roofer in Standish, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
When is the best time to get my roof evaluated?
The majority of roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How do roofing contractors typically price labor for a replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate rate for fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Standish, MI
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Standish, MI, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Standish, MI. Get the roofing services you need for your property now.