Find a roofer in Southfield, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At what moment should I think about getting an inspection done for my roof?
Many roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How do roofers generally charge for their services for a replacement?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What are the typical costs related to repairing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What season is good for a roof project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This means that winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Southfield, MI
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Southfield, MI. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.