Find a roofer in South Lyon, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good time for roofing services?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the customary price per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the normal period of time to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in South Lyon, MI. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can approximate the hours for the job.
When should I get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near South Lyon, MI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in South Lyon, MI. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.