Find a roofer in Saginaw, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At what cost does a roofing contractor charge for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much is a contractor's rate to repair a roof top?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the rate for most roofing specialists per square foot?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can approximate the hours for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Saginaw, MI
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Saginaw, MI. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.